Yottaa Looking for Director of Operations
Interested in running one of the largest computing infrastructures on earth?
With hundreds of thousands of servers, Yottaa has a highly distributed cloud infrastructure spanning across many data centers in many geographic locations globally. Yottaa is looking for a Director of Operations to help set up and run such an infrastructure.
Besides the technical responsibilities, this role also requires managing vendor relationships, optimizing infrastructure costs and leading a team of system engineers to validate, test, and deploy Yottaa’s software onto its massive cloud infrastructure.
- Select and negotiate with network providers, hosting providers and infrastructure providers;
- Maintain relationship with the above providers;
- Monitor and optimize infrastructure costs;
- Lead a team of system engineers to:
- Validate and test Yottaa’s software.
- Set up and manage policies, procedures and tools related to reliability, availability and security
- Roll out new services to production environment
- Operate, monitor and manage large scale web systems that may contain thousands of servers distributed at many global locations
- Familiarity with network providers and hosting providers
- Hands on experience in network operations and administration
- Hands on experience testing and deploying large scale server software
- Hands on experience in managing large scale web infrastructure
- Expert knowledge of unit testing, load testing and automated testing
This position is Boston based.
If you are passionate about running one of the largest computing infrastructures on earth, please contact coach at yottaa.com. Yottaa is a Boston and Beijing based company building some amazingly cool and fun stuff related to cloud computing. We look forward to hearing from you.